We are One Black Place located online at http://oneblackplace.com (“the Site”).
One Black Place respects your privacy. The type of information and ways we collect and use the information you provide while on our website and during certain other interactions are listed below:
When does One Black Place collect information?
One Black Place collects certain information when an individual:
- Uses the Site.
- Subscribes to receive e-mails from One Black Place.
- Purchases certain products or services from One Black Place.
- Schedules a consultation call with One Black Place
- Wishes to obtain more information about our products and services
What information does One Black Place collect?
- Contact information you may choose to provide while visiting or registering on our Site, including registrations to attend One Black Place events. This information may include your: name, address, company name, job title, telephone number, email address, and the name and email of third parties you may provide to us.
- Behavioral information about how you use the Site, marketing e-mails you open, e-mail links you click on and your IP address.
How does One Black Place use the information?
To fulfill our obligations. One Black Place uses personal contact information you share with us to fulfill contractual obligations that may include providing products or services that you or your employer purchased, answer your contract administration related inquiries or communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, and send you information about features on the Site, or changes to our policies or events for which you registered.
To improve the Site and measure effectiveness. One Black Place regularly analyzes data pertaining to visitor trends to plan site enhancements, measure overall site effectiveness and the effectiveness of e-mail campaigns.
To maintain a secure Site. IP addresses are collected in order to maintain our Site security and ensure access to restricted portions of the Site is limited to authorized users.
To improve our performance by using third party vendors. We may also disclose certain data to third party contractors or vendors in connection with their performance of services to us. Contractual agreements between us and such third parties provide that your information will be kept confidential and secure.
Pursuant To What Legal Bases Do We Process Your Information?
We rely on a number of legal bases to use your information in the ways indicated above. These legal bases include where:
- necessary to perform the contractual obligations in our agreement with you or your employer and provide services to you;
- you have consented to the processing, which you can revoke at any time;
- necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests; and
- you have expressly made the information public.
Where we process your information based on legitimate interests, we do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing and improving One Black Place services for our customers. One Black Place has a legitimate interest in understanding how our services are being used. We also pursue our legitimate interests of improving our services, efficiency, and determining the level of interest in services for customers by obtaining insights into usage patterns of the services.
One Black Place has a legitimate interest in customizing your on-site experience to help you discover relevant research and topics. One Black Place also engages third-party companies and individuals (such as analytics providers) to help us operate, provide, and market the services. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for other purposes. One Black Place may also use your information to maintain a secure Site, including sharing of your information for such purposes, because it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring the security of our services, including enhancing protection of our Site, intellectual property infringement and security risks of all kind. One Black Place has a legitimate interest in working with service providers to make our services better even if some service providers we use are not strictly necessary for us to provide the Services.
One Black Place may also process and share your personal information with a third party in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet legitimate national security or law enforcement requirements; defend against legal claims, to comply with a subpoena, court order, legal process, or other legal requirement; or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
- What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- What types of cookies does One Black Place use?
- Necessary: cookies required for access to the Site and core functionality.
- Behavior and analytics: cookies used to gather behavioral information through the Site; provide customized content and recommendations; and analytics.
- Marketing: cookies that are used to deliver relevant advertising.
- Aggregated (non-personally identifiable) user behavior collected through cookies or web beacons may be shared with our other third-party service providers to either analyze or execute marketing programs.
- What can you do about cookies?
You may choose to control and/or delete all cookies from your hard drive. If you delete a cookie, however, please be advised that some features of our Site may not be accessible to you. Another option available to you is to change the preferences or settings in your web browser to control cookies. In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from a primary Site, block them from third parties, or clear out all cookies.
Transfer Of Data
With your consent we may record sales or customer service calls for training purposes only. You may choose not to participate in a recorded call and may opt out of having a call recorded at any time during the call.
What You Can Do And Your Rights
- You can unsubscribe from promotional emails you receive at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the email. You may not be able to opt-out of important service announcements and administrative messages.
- You can choose to control and/or delete cookies from your hard drive. See the Cookie section above for more details.
- There may be public areas of the Site that allow you to post or upload information. Any information you choose to upload or post can be viewed by all users. We discourage you from uploading any personal information in these areas of the Site.
- You have the following rights. Please note One Black Place may have lawful reasons to deny requests related to the rights below:
- The right to be informed: You have the right to be informed of One Black Place’s purposes for processing your personal data, One Black Place’s retention periods for that personal data, and who it will be shared with.
- The right of access: You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information to allow you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to have your personal data erased from our systems.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
Additional Information for California Residents
- California law requires that we provide you with the following additional notice:
- One Black Place does not “sell” personal information as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act. We do share certain information with service providers as set forth above.
- You have the right to know what personal information One Black Place collects, uses and discloses about you, the sources from whom One Black Place collects such personal information and the third parties with whom we share such information.
- You have the right to request that One Black Place delete certain personal information we maintain about you.
- You have the right not to be discriminated against as a result of exercising your rights to know and/or delete your personal information.
- You have the right to receive information about financial incentives we may offer that are related to collection of your personal information.
- You can designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf. One Black Place will require proof of your identity and the agent’s authority to submit a request on your behalf.
Exercising your Rights
- One Black Place has the right, under applicable laws, to deny requests in certain circumstances. For example, where we need the information to provide you a service or to comply with applicable laws.
- If you want to exercise any of your rights or need to contact One Black Place’s Data Protection Officer, please email [email protected].
Additional Information That May Be Of Interest
- We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
- One Black Place does not knowingly collect any personal information from children and does not market or offer services to children. You must be at least 13 years of age to access the Site.
Changes to this policy may be posted from time to time. All versions will reflect a posting date. We encourage you to visit this page periodically for changes.
Last updated January 9, 2021